When it comes to purchasing and implementing public cloud solutions, such as Microsoft's Office 365, business owners know that they are getting pretty much exactly the same product as every other business that uses the same solution. While this uniformity and consistency is positive, users often look for ways to customize the platform so that it relates more directly to a specific company. To enable this, Microsoft has recently announced new customization options for Office 365.
Coming soon to Office 365 (if not already): ThemesIn early September, Microsoft announced that in the following weeks the company would be rolling out a couple of new options that will allow businesses to personalize the look of Office 365. In fact, there are not one, but two new personalization options available for Office 365 users with business subscriptions.
Option 1: Company-wide custom themesThe idea of establishing company brand is not a new concept to business owners, who realize that one of the factors to success is creating positive brand recognition amongst stakeholders, including employees. One of the best ways to achieve this is to include identifiable visuals and colors repeated in as many places as possible. Almost every company has colors that they use as part of their corporate image and brand identity.
To help cement your brand with your employees, you can now customize the theme of Office 365 so that the theme is applied to all users in your organization. When it comes to customizing your theme Microsoft has noted that you will be able to:
- Pick the color scheme, which includes a base color and text/icon colors. Set the base as blue for example, and the menu bar across the top will be that color. Set the text as yellow and all icons/text in the menu bar will also be yellow.
- Set the color of the Office 365 logo. You can pick up to three colors for the Office 365 logo.
- Upload a custom logo. You can upload your company logo and have it applied to the top-left of all Office 365 menu bars.
- Make the logo a clickable link. Once you set a logo, you can also make it clickable by adding a custom URL. When a user clicks the logo, they will be taken to the predefined URL.
In the screen that opens, you will be able to set your desired theme, and when you are finished simply hit Save and the theme should be applied.
Option 2: Personalized themesWhile company users can set a theme related to their brand, individual users in the organization can also select their own theme from a list of 22 provided by Microsoft. Each theme changes:
- The top navigation bar color scheme
- Menu colors
- Office 365 logo colors
If you are looking to learn more about Office 365 and how you can get the most out of it, contact us today for a chat.